There are scores of tips when it comes to toning up, but they are not all equal in the value that they will have for your toning success. I have chosen the best of them for your reading pleasure!
- Journal it. You can use some great online journals, here is a link to the one that I prefer and it also has a free trial, but by no means is this the only good one out there. Find one that tracks food, exercise and general notes. This is essential to be able to compare one day to the next.
- Measure it. Food can get away from us extremely easily. Whenever I have a client that is not getting results the first thing that I do is have them start measuring their foods again, and invariably the weight loss starts back up!
- Change it up. If you are not getting the results that you want then it is absolutely, unequivocally and without hesitation time for you to stop doing what you are doing and do something else. Nuff said!
- Chew your food. Chewing your food is part of the digestive process which is great but also takes time. Another thing that takes time is for your body to know that it is full. When you chew each bite 13 times or more you help digestion and will eat less because you will be able to stop once full more easily.
- Practice your posture. Posture is essentially the foundation for your body. When your foundation is crooked then the whole house leans and is unstable. When your foundation is strong and perfect your house can take much more stress! So shoulders back and chest up ladies and gentlemen. Plus, it just makes you look healthier and more confident.
- Relax. Most of the good stuff that happens when it comes to toning up happens when you ARE NOT working out. So make sure that you take a day off each week, and try to get some significant sleep each night. You will be amazed at how everything comes together with sleep.
- Skinny pants. Go buy yourself a reward, some super-hot skinny clothes that you hang in your room to look at. They are great motivators when you are having a moment of weakness.
- Stay loose. Never lock out your joints, like knees and elbows. Not only does locking your joints stress out those ligaments but also it takes the stress off of the muscles and you stop burning as many calories.
- HELP! If and when you get frustrated don't use it as an excuse to take a break or quit, but use it as motivation to get some help where ever that comes from.